Selden Farm Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
Whenever we access such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data; including the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) together and with other subsequent laws “Data Protection Laws”.
- WHO WE ARE AND CONTACT DETAILS
In writing to
The attention of the Privacy Officer
Old Selden Farm
146 Selden Lane
Telephone: +44 (0)1903 910 136 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under GDPR, your rights are:
- to be informed: we must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- access: you are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- rectification: we are obliged to correct or update your details.
- erasure: this is also known as the right to be forgotten.
- restrict processing: you have the right to block or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- data portability: you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided us.
- object: you have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: we do not use any automatic decision making or processing.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We process personal data. Personal data we process may include name, address, email address and telephone number.
Our collection methods are:
- through the engagement of our services
- through our website
- through third party websites
- by communications
- through the engagement of service providers
- HOW YOUR DATA WILL BE USED
We use information held about you to:
- where we have obtained information for legitimate interests.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- where you have consented to be contacted for legitimate interests.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; for example, asking a question via our contact form.
- LEGITIMATE INTERESTS – CONTRACTS
Contracts: where you enter into a contract requesting Selden Barns to provide event services, such as wedding venue hire, corporate events, parties and other venue-related services.
Marketing: if you are an existing contact or customer, we will only contact you by postal and electronic means (e-mail) with information about services or goods which you have previously purchased from us or enquired about. At any time, you can choose not to receive these types of communication by contacting us.
- DATA RETENTION
Our data retention policy is dictated by Data Protection Laws, this is available for inspection by submitting a written request using the contact details provided in this policy.
- THIRD PARTIES
We keep information within the ‘organisation’ except where disclosure is required or permitted by law, or when we use third-party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services. We have contracts in place with our data processors, this means they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. A list of third-party providers, together with more information on how we share and look after your data can be requested by contacting us in writing, to the address above.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Selden B&B uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Contact Form
Selden B&B publishes Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt out of the AdSense partner network cookie at http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
[Other] third-party cookies
When you use this website, you may also be sent the following third-party cookies, which may be used for the following purposes:
- managing emails in contacts
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of some websites.